Location: Ft. Meade, Maryland, United States (Full-Time)
Looking for a Sr. Site Reliability Engineer to augment the existing Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team for a large analytic cloud repository. Shall have Eight (11) years experience in software development and engineering.
- Shall have Eleven (11) years experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- Shall have seven (7) years experience in system engineering/architecture.
- Shall have seven (7) year experience working with products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, Hadoop, CloudBase/Acumulo, Big Table, Cassandra, Scality etc.
- At least seven (7) years experience writing software scripts using scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Ruby for software automation
- At least three (3) years experience managing and monitoring large Cloud System (>200 nodes).
- Cloud Systems Administrator or Developer Certification.
- Experience in performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complete hardware/software systems to include monitoring technical health of a system, improving organizational processes, implementation of postmortem (failure) analysis and incident management.
- Seven (7) years demonstrated experience developing software for one of the following: Windows, UNIX, or Linux OS.
- Knowledge and experience with developing distributed storage routing and querying algorithms.
- Experience in developing documentation required to support a program’s technical issues and training situations
- Seven (7) year of experience developing software systems using object-oriented programming languages (i.e. Java, Python, etc.).
- Experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
- Experience “wrapping” legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework.
- Demonstrated knowledge of analytical needs and requirements, query syntax, data flows, and traffic manipulation.
- Seven (7) years experience in developing system performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for mid-to-large scale programs.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in a related technical field is highly desired which will be considered equivalent to two (2) years experience. A Master’s degree in a Technical Field will be considered equivalent to four (4) years experience.
NOTE: A degree in Communications, Computer Science, Mathematics, Accounting, Information